In celebration, here are our five most popular posts, this time brought to you by FeedBurner's aggregate item use analysis:
- Photo special: toilets & disabled toilet
- Friday roundup: odd book titles, scary comments
- Headlines: celery eating paramedic
- Eagle-eared listeners – and BraveStarr
- Word of the day: Bankenstein
On to other matters. One blog I've been meaning to plug for a while is The virtual linguist. The linguist behind it is a regular blogger and obviously passionate about language. But she doesn't have BraveStarr videos or photos of pub toilet doors on her blog – so I guess we win. I'll add her blog to our blogroll as a consolation prize.
Another linguist more knowledgeable than I is Garik; you may have noticed some of his insightful comments here on The Engine Room. He's a thoroughly nice chap to boot, so do check out Garik's blog.