Free translations, guides, books and, er, sex

I've been meaning to share these links for a while:

Bab.la Phrases: translations of useful phrases to and from any two of 14 languages - with a special focus on formal writing (business and academic). Bab.la is also offering downloadable travel survival guides - but they don't contain any information on pronunciation, so in my view their use is limited.

Lit Drift: a website about fiction-writing, notable for its 'Free Book Fridays' - "the best titles in indie publishing for the low low price of nothing". Oh, you can also follow Lit Drift on Twitter. Somewhat surprisingly, the site is blocked at work:


The Lit Drift website is blocked because it falls into the category of 'sex'

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

On odd occasions over the last few months, I have published some stories over at http://ficly.com/ where my username is "Zerrakhi".

I've also created and judged my own writing competitions on the site. The latter is sometimes almost like subediting in the way that I analyse the entries before making my judgement.